Dotty Dogs at the beach
We LOVE taking the Dotty Dogs to the beach and we think we have found the best dog friendly beach ever!
So I figured I should share it with like minded dog lovers because every dog will LOVE a visit to Saunton Sands Beach.
It is a huge sandy beach in North Devon which stretches for 3 miles. The sea floor gently drops off, with no hidden dips and it has great waves.
Loved by dog walkers and surfers alike it backs onto Braunton Burrows, one of the largest sand dune systems in the British Isles, which is still used by the Armed Forces as a military training site, oh and the beach and dunes were also featured in the video of Robbie Williams' song Angels!
If that's not enough, neighbouring Braunton has 'Award winning' Fish and Chips at Squires Fish Restaurant & Take-Away - I can vouch for this and their incredible curry sauce too.
In summary... and why I think you should visit with your dogs?
1. It's Dog Friendly ALL YEAR ROUND. With no specific 'dog areas' - it welcomes all dogs, all year on all of the beach.
2. It's huge. So you can find a spot just for you and your dog to run and run - with no fear of your dog accidentally stealing someone else's picnic! (obviously that's never happened to me!)
3. And... you may bump into Robbie Williams...
Honestly get in the car and go now, it's the best!
Check list of 'dog stuff' to take to the beach
1. Water and water bowl
2. Dog towels and dog coats for your post swim warm up!
3. Wind breaker to add some shade.
4. Snacks - lot's of snacks!
Location details (if you and your dog fancy checking it out)
Name: Saunton Sands Beach
Area: North Devon
Post Code: EX33 1LQ (Saunton Sands Beach Car Park)
Parking charges: Up to 1 hour: £1.50 / Up to 2 hours: £3.00 / Up to 3 hours: £5.00 / Up to 4 hours: £8.50 / For every hour or part hour thereafter: +£1.00
Squires Fish and Chips - https://www.squiresfishrestaurant.co.uk/
Saunton Sand Beach - https://www.sauntonbeach.info/
Robbie Williams Youtube Video on Saunton Sands Beach - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luwAMFcc2f8